CSI states that they understand and completely agree that they are a steward of customer data. As such, its job is to protect, process and provide access. It does this in a variety of ways:
- Through its integrated banking solution that allows the bank and their customer to see the same thing, in real time, at any time.
- Through its CSIIQ solution. This data mining solution offers access to all the bank’s information through defined or ad hoc reports. IQ was developed, in partnership with SAP, to offer quick access to information. In simple terms, every single field that is available on the core, in digital banking, and through EFT are exposed in IQ so that the bank can create reports and dashboards with data across all platforms.
- CSI has been using APIs internally for some time. In April 2018, an open API portal (csibridge.com) was publicly launched and made available to a broader fintech marketplace.
- CSI is a member of the Financial Data Exchange (FDX), an organization committed to setting the standard for secure financial data sharing.
- CSI also belongs to AFINIS (started by NACHA to advance API standardization across the financial services ecosystem.) AFINIS also includes work with the Interactive Financial eXchange Forum (IFX).