This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience, gather site analytics and activity, track shopping cart contents, and deliver relevant marketing information.
View our privacy policy and manage your settings here. By using our site you agree to these terms.

ABA Compensation & Benefits Survey

2018 Compensation and Benefits Survey ReportAre your bank's compensation practices on track with the industry?

See how your bank measures up—dive in to our latest, data-rich report on compensation practices. Grouped by region, ownership type and asset size, our 2018 report compiles the responses of 299 banks across the country on topics like profit sharing, work/life policies and insurance benefits. Over 200 job positions are covered. Purchase the annual Compensation & Benefits online survey report today to help recruit, reward and retain your most valuable asset—your employees.​

2018 Report Highlights

  • During the 12 months that ended December 31, 2017, banks increased base salaries by an average of 3.3 percent.
  • Over half the banks in the survey based their board compensation fees on attendance.
  • All respondents (100.0 percent) said they offer a medical plan to their employees.

2018 Banks at a Glance

  • 63% of respondents are stock-owned, 17% mutual banks/mutual holding companies and 11% are independent.
  • 67% of respondents are commercial banks, with the remaining 33% chartered as savings banks.
  • Close to 30 percent of participating banks were headquartered in the Great Lakes region, while 21 percent were located in the Mid-Atlantic.

Preview the Reports

Order Today!

The ABA Compensation & Benefits Survey is available in an online, one year subscription format only.

  • With your online one year subscription access, you will be able to make customized searches of job titles as well as view the full report in a PDF format.
  • For optimal viewing of the online version of the report in the Internet Explorer (IE) browser, use IE9 or higher.
  • Allow 2 full business days from the time your order is placed to receive your username/password access.

2018 Report

Published: October 2018
Format: Online, 1-year Subscription

Catalog# 3018110
$ 900 List Price
$ 600 ABA Member Price

2018 Survey Participant Discounts
Catalog# 3018111
$ 400 List Participant Price
$ 300 Member Participant Price

2017 Report

Published: October 2017
Format: Online, 1-year Subscription

Catalog# 3016468
$ 900 List Price
$ 600 ABA Member Price

2017 Survey Participant Discounts
Catalog# 3016469
$ 400 List Participant Price
$ 300 Member Participant Price

Prior Editions

The ABA Compensation & Benefits Survey Report is also available for the years 2007 through 2016.

Questions? Please contact Benchmarking and Survey Research or call 1-800-BANKERS.