This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience, gather site analytics and activity, track shopping cart contents, and deliver relevant marketing information.
View our privacy policy and manage your settings here. By using our site you agree to these terms.

2017 ABA Compensation & Benefits Survey

Are your bank's compensation practices on track with the industry?

See how your bank measures up—dive in to our latest, data-rich report on compensation practices. Grouped by region, ownership type and asset size, our 2017 report compiles the responses of 294 banks across the country on topics like profit sharing, work/life policies and insurance benefits. Over 200 job positions are covered. Purchase the 2017 annual Compensation & Benefits online survey report today to help recruit, reward and retain your most valuable asset—your employees.​

Report Highlights

  • During the 12 months that ended December 31, 2016, banks increased base salaries by an average of 3.2 percent.
  • Over half the banks in the survey based their board compensation fees on attendance.
  • Almost all respondents (99.3 percent) said they offer a medical plan to their employees.

Banks at a Glance

  • 67% of respondents are stock-owned, 19% mutual banks/mutual holding companies and 11% are independent.
  • 70% of respondents are commercial banks, with the remaining 30% chartered as savings banks.
  • Close to 30 percent of participating banks were headquartered in the Great Lakes region, while 20 percent were located in the Mid-Atlantic.

Preview the Report

Important to Note

  • The 2017 ABA Compensation & Benefits Survey is available in an online, one year subscription format only.
  • With your online one year subscription access, you will be able to make customized searches of job titles as well as view the full report in a PDF format.
  • For optimal viewing of the online version of the report in the Internet Explorer (IE) browser, use IE9 or higher.
  • Allow 2 full business days from the time your order is placed to receive your username/password access.

Survey Report Pricing

Regular Member and List Pricing Survey Participant Discount Pricing
Catalog #3016468
$600 Member Price
$900 List Price
Catalog #3016469
$300 Member Participant Price
$400 List Participant Price

Your comments and questions are very important to us.
Please email Benchmarking and Survey Research or call 1-800-BANKERS.