Telephone Briefing/Webcast Series*
The American Bankers Association announces the "2012 Prepaid Cards: The Opportunities and Regulatory Risks Telephone Briefing/Webcast Series." Prepaid cards are the fastest growing form of payment. This series will help you understand both the opportunities and the risks of adding prepaid to your product offerings.
||Audio Recordings Now Available|
|Per Site Fees**
||$255 ABA Member/Service Member • $385 Non-Member|
||Not applicable |
||Order Series Recordings or Select Individual Recordings (PDF)|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA or CFP credits.
||Recordings of these telephone briefings have been approved for continuing education credits. See below. |
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
Session 2: The Prepaid Regulatory Environment
(This recording is eligible for 2.5 CFSSP, 2.5 CRCM continuing education credits )
Many regulatory rules, both at the federal and state level, come into play when developing and administering a prepaid access program.
This recording of the session held on August 14, 2012 highlights some of the regulatory compliance elements banks and other financial institutions should take into consideration, including:
Rules under the CARD Act for prepaid
Current application of Regulation E for prepaid
- Special disclosures required for prepaid programs
- Payroll cards and the rules and regulations
Role of CFPB
FinCEN rules on prepaid
- Durbin Amendment issues regarding prepaid programs
Role of States in developing prepaid regulations
- Customer identification requirements
- Risk assessments for different types of cards
- Proposed reporting for cross-border transportation of prepaid access devices
- Steve Kenneally, VP, Center for Regulatory Compliance, American Bankers Association
- Richard Santoro, VP, Government Affairs, MasterCard
- John MacKessy, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Sanctions Officer, Global Compliance & Forensics, MasterCard
- Joel Feinberg, Partner, Sidley Austin
- Patrick Dwyer, VP, Global Prepaid Strategy, MasterCard
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Risk Officers
- Bank Counsel
- Compliance Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Lending Officers
- Risk Managers/Auditors
Session 1: Prepaid Card Business
(This recording is eligible for 2.0 CFMP continuing education credits)
This recording of the session held on July 18, 2012 focused on the business -- the types of cards available, how customers are using them, the revenue potential, and the keys to successful implementation. The panelists examined the following topics:
- The different types of prepaid cards available
- Customer demographics attracted to each type of card
- How customers are using the cards
- Business use of prepaid
- Resources required for a successful prepaid program
- Live case studies.
- Kari Mitchum, Sr. Director, Card Solutions, American Bankers Association
- Tim Sloane, VP, Client Services/Director, Prepaid Advisory Services, Mercator Advisory Group
- Jane Haskin, Pres/CEO, First Bethany Bank & Trust
- Arnold Galit, VP, Prepaid Card Products, SunTrust
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Operations Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one phone connection and one Internet connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.