ABA Telephone Briefing*
As the economy chugs along in its low-growth recovery, should your allowance for loan losses be decreasing? How much? Are there hidden risks out there that your bank should be providing for? How do you integrate those risks into your loan loss model? These and many other topics will be addressed by Kathy Murphy and Darrin Benhart from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency along with Jamie Mayer of Grant Thornton.
This recording of the live, ninety-minute program held on December 17, 2012 provides updates for accounting professionals concerning any ALLL questions you may have. In addition, the panel addresses practical implementation issues related to measuring and recording the ALLL related to different kinds of loans. Get your questions answered by our panel of industry leaders.
||Audio Recording Now Available|
|Per Site Fees**
||$225 ABA Member/Service Member • $355 Non-Member|
||Purchase Online (PDF)|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA credits.
||This recording has been approved for 2.0 CLBB continuing education credits (ICB).|
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
- Review current accounting standards related to the allowance for loan and lease losses
- Identify current credit risk issues facing banks
- Analyze economic trends that the OCC is observing at this time
- Discussion of the implications on a bank’s ALLL process and estimation models
- Kathy Murphy, Chief Accountant, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Washington, DC
- Darrin Benhart, Deputy Comptroller, Credit and Market Risk, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Washington, DC
- Jamie Mayer, Managing Director, National Professional Standards Group, Grant Thornton LLP, Chicago, IL
- Michael Gullette, Vice President, Accounting and Financial Management, American Bankers Association, Washington, DC (Moderator)
Who Should Attend?
- Bank CFOs
- Bank Risk Officers
- Bank Credit Officers
- Community Bank Presidents CEOs
- Asset Liability Managers
- Community Bank Management Staff
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.