ABA 2012 Trust and Estate PlanningTelephone Briefing Series*
During this live, two-hour telephone briefing, Tom Abendroth, partner with Schiff Hardin LLP and Skip Fox, partner with McGuireWoods LLP will examine various developments over the year with respect to the current tax law, gift tax, marital deductions, family limited partnerships, and more, and their effect on fiduciaries, trust beneficiaries clients and customers.
The topics discussed will help the trust professional recognize new areas of opportunities and reinforce the use of both common and unique estate planning techniques.
||Audio Recording Now Available|
|Per Site Fees**
||$255 ABA/FIRMA Member/ABA Service Member |
||Not applicable |
||Purchase Online (PDF)|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA or CFP credits.
||This recording has been approved for 2.5 CTFA (1.25 TAX; 1.25 FID), 2.5 CISP continuing education credits.|
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
Topics to be discussed include:
In order to provide participants with timely information, the presenters reserve the right to alter the content or emphasis of the program.
- Legislative developments
- Marital deduction
- Partnerships and LLCs
- Generation-skipping tax issues
- Charitable gifts
- Asset protection planning
- Tax return and audit issues.
- Thomas W. Abendroth, Partner, Schiff Hardin LLP, Chicago, IL
- Charles D. Fox, IV, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP, Charlottesville, VA
Other Series Topics
- Top Ten Fiduciary Income Tax Issues (Mar 1, 2012)
- The Eroding Protection of Trusts in Divorce (Apr 5, 2012)
- Fiduciary Litigation Panel (May 3, 2012)
- Sales to Defective Grantor Trusts and Other Key Gifting Strategies for 2012 and Beyond (Jun 7, 2012)
- The Increasing Importance of International Estate Planning (Sep 6, 2012)
- The Uses and Misuses of Decanting and Change of Situs (Oct 4, 2012)
- Diversification of Concentration of Assets: What Should a Trustee Do? (Nov 1, 2012)
- Recent Developments in Estate and Trust Administration (Dec 6, 2012)
Who Should Attend
- Trust Officers
- Estate Planners
- Trust Counsel
- Trust Department Managers
- Wealth Managers
- Private Bankers
- Trust Tax Professionals
- Financial Planners
- CTFAs, CPAs and CFPs
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one phone connection and one Internet connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.