ABA Telephone Briefing/Webcast*
As banks emerge from the banking crisis, many are looking for new growth opportunities in the green/sustainability sectors, as well as eco-friendly driven cost savings across their operations. Once perceived as experimental industries, Green technology, clean energy, and sustainable agriculture have gone mainstream, and banks with lending expertise in these areas will be in demand.
Two CEOs of dedicated green banks will discuss their green banking philosophy, operations, retail products, services, and commercial business lending. This is an opportunity to learn from experienced bank executives about the growing green
This recording of the live, two-hour Telephone Briefing/Webcast held on November 8, 2012 was divided into three parts: (1) an Introduction for Green Banking, (2) Bank Case Studies, and (3) Future Issues in Green Banking. Get your questions answered by our panel of industry leaders.
||Audio Recording Now Available|
|Per Site Fees**
||$255 ABA Member/Service Member • $385 Non-Member|
||Not applicable |
||Purchase Online (PDF)|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA credits.
||This recording has been approved for 2.5 CFMP continuing education credits.|
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
- Two bank CEO-led discussions of green banking case studies of One Pacific Coast Bank (Northern CA and Oregon) and First Green Bank (central Florida)
- Making the case for "triple bottom line" green banking in marketing, operations, products & services, and community engagement
- Reducing operational costs by implementing cost saving measures in IT, paper management, procurement and facilities
- Looking to sustainability practices for new employee retention and benefits
- Enhancing traditional banking products with green options
- Review of innovative green lending products, including green energy (ex., biogas digesters), clean technology (ex., small scale hydro-electricity), and sustainable food, fisheries, and agriculture (ex., community sustainable agriculture).
- Andrew Malk, Malk Sustainability Partners
- Kat Taylor, One Pacific Community Bank (OPCB)
- Ken LaRoe, First Green Bank (FGB)
- Denyette DePierro, American Bankers Association (moderator)
Who Should Attend?
- Bank CEOs
- Directors of Technology
- Directors of Operations
- Directors of Facilities
- Directors of Information
- Bank Marketers
- Business Development
- Retail Managers
*ABA's Telephone Briefings include reference materials and telephone audio. Telephone/Streaming/Webcast Briefings include reference materials, telephone audio, and simultaneous webcast presentation (requires Microsoft Windows 2000 and up; Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or later; 256 kbps).
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.