ABA 2012 Trust and Estate PlanningTelephone Briefing Series*
During this audio recording of the October 4, 2012 telephone briefing, Tom Abendroth, partner with Schiff Hardin LLP in Chicago, IL and Skip Fox, partner with McGuireWoods LLP, Charlottesville, VA discuss the uses and misuses of decanting and change of situs.
Audio Recording Now Available
|Per Site Fees**
$255 ABA/FIRMA Member/ABA Service Member
||Purchase Online (PDF)|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA or CFP credits.
||This recording has been approved for 2.5 CTFA (FID). |
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
Topics to be discussed include:
In order to provide participants with timely information, the presenters reserve the right to alter the content or emphasis of the program.
- Reasons for considering decanting
- The differences in the statutes on decanting
- The tax consequences of decanting
- Alternatives to decanting.
- Thomas W. Abendroth, Partner, Schiff Hardin LLP, Chicago, IL
- Charles D. Fox, IV, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP, Charlottesville, VA
Other Series Topics
Audio Recordings Now Available