ABA/Appraisal Institute Telephone Briefing/Webcast*
Over the past six months, bank regulatory agencies and the federal appraisal oversight agency – the Appraisal Subcommittee (ASC) – have established new programs that impact bankers and appraisers. The bank regulatory agencies have developed a new Interagency Appraisal Complaint Form to receive complaints regarding appraisal issues. The ASC has established a new Appraisal Complaint National Hotline to refer complaints of alleged USPAP or appraisal independence violations to the appropriate Federal and or State authorities. The ASC also recently issued updated Policy Statements. The Policy Statements provide guidance to State appraisal regulatory programs regarding compliance with Title XI of FIRREA.
In this recording of the joint ABA/Appraisal Institute presentation held on October 2, 2013, both bankers and appraisers will hear first-hand the origin of these initiatives and how they relate to mortgage bankers and appraisers. Our panel of experts will summarize the results of the initiatives, thus far, and highlight how bankers and appraisers can best position themselves to utilize the programs, where appropriate, or position their operations to comply with state licensing requirements.
||Audio Recording Now Available|
|Per Recording Fees**
||$255 ABA/AI Member/ABA Service Member • $385 Non-Member|
Group-live event; no prerequisites required to participate.
||Order Online (PDF)|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA credits.
Participants will learn:
- How the Revised Policy Statements of the Appraisal Subcommittee will be implemented, including temporary practice and reciprocity policies
- How-to state licensing requirements relative to appraisal reviews
- How the Interagency Appraisal Complaint Form will be used by bank regulatory agencies in reviewing appraisal issues
- How bankers and appraisers can utilize the Appraisal Complaint National Hotline.
- Robert Parson, Appraisal Policy Specialist, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Jim Park, Executive Director, Appraisal Subcommittee
- Sherry Bren, President, Larry Disney, President Elect, Don Rodgers, Immediate Past President,
Ami Milne, Past President, Association of Appraiser Regulatory Officials
- Gauri Sharma, American Bankers Association and Bill Garber, Appraisal Institute (co-moderators)
Who Should Attend?
- Senior Bank Management
- Loan Officers
- Compliance Officers and Managers
- Bank Counsel
- Bank Staff Appraisers
- Real Estate Appraisers
Get the Credit You Deserve!
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry. The recording of the telephone briefing, "Federal Appraisal Policies: Hotlines, Complaint Forms and Revised Policy Statements" has been approved for 2.5 CLBB and 2.5 CRCM ICB continuing education credits.
*ABA's Telephone Briefings include reference materials and telephone audio. Telephone/Streaming/Webcast Briefings include reference materials, telephone audio, and simultaneous webcast presentation (all major operating systems including Windows 2000 or later, Mac OS 10.4 or later, Linux, Android, and iOS) are supported. Adobe Flash Player 11 or later (unless you are using a mobile device – instead, download the omNovia application from the App Store or Android Market); Broadband Internet connection (256 Kbps or more). No network blocks or filters that disable streaming media).
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.