ABA 2012 Trust and Estate PlanningTelephone Briefing Series*
Skip Fox, partner with McGuireWoods LLP, Charlottesville, VA and Tom Abendroth, partner with Schiff Hardin LLP in Chicago, IL examine why international estate planning has become increasingly more important in this recording of the live program presented on September 6, 2012.
Audio CD Now Available
|Per Site Fees**
$255 ABA/FIRMA Member/ABA Service Member
||Not Applicable |
||Purchase Online (PDF) |
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA or CFP credits.
||This recording has been approved for 2.5 CTFA (1.25 Fin. Plan; 1.25 FID). The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.|
Topics to be discussed include:
In order to provide participants with timely information, the presenters reserve the right to alter the content or emphasis of the program.
- For whom is this important?
- The need for qualified domestic trusts for non-citizen spouses
- Then annual exclusion for non-citizen spouses
- Planning techniques to benefit U.S. resident descendants of non-citizen donors
- The need to review the treaties
- Foreign trust rules for fiduciary income tax purposes.
- Thomas W. Abendroth, Partner, Schiff Hardin LLP, Chicago, IL
- Charles D. Fox, IV, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP, Charlottesville, VA
Other Series Topics
Audio Recordings Now Available