ABA Telephone Briefing*
Extremely important changes to mortgage lending laws and regulations are on the horizon and it is essential that you keep on top of what is coming down the pipeline. Our panel of industry leaders will provide you with a real-time overview of proposed rules, new rules and final rules that will impact your institution’s present policies and procedures.
This recording of the two-hour program held on September 13, 2012 is designed to highlight the developing regulatory issues and discuss compliance challenges and difficulties you may expect to face in the foreseeable future due to the massive reformation of mortgage lending rules. Our presenters provide you with insight into ongoing compliance issues and the Dodd-Frank Act transformative changes as you consider plans to manage the compliance risk challenges associated with them.
||Audio Recording Now Available|
|Per Site Fees**
||$255 ABA Member/Service Member • $385 Non-Member|
||Not applicable |
||Purchase Online (PDF)|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA credits.
||This recording has been approved for 2.5 CPB and 2.5 CRCM credits.|
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
*Panelists discuss topics such as:
- Timelines of all pending and imminent regulatory activity by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Qualified Mortgage (QM) rulemaking
- Risk Retention regulations (QRM)
- Evolving mortgage origination examination procedures
- Changes and developments affecting loan originator compensation rules
- SAFE Act registration issuese and proposed originator education requirements
- Legal developments affecting mortgage broker and whole operations
- RESPA and TILA Reform disclosures and initiatives
- Regulatory changes affecting MLO compensation
- Proposed changes to escrow disclosures
- Proposed rule on HOEPA triggers and HPML rulesl
- Dodd-Frank amendments to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
*In order to provide listeners with timely information, the presenters reserve the right to alter the content or emphasis of this program. This program is meant to survey all breaking and emerging issuese and will NOT provide a deep technical analysis of the individual issues presented.
- Rod Alba, Vice President and Senior Regulatory Counsel, Office of Mortgage Finance, American Bankers Association, Washington, DC (Moderator)
- Arthur B. Axelson, Senior Counsel, Dykema Gossett PLLC, Washington, DC
- Suzanne Fay Garwood, Partner, Venable LLP, Washington, DC
- Bruce W. Schultz, Senior Vice President, SpiritBank,Tulsa, OK
Who Should Attend?
- Mortgage Lenders
- Compliance Officers and Managers
- Bank Counsel
- Risk Managers and Auditors
- Senior Bank Managers
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.