ABA Telephone Briefing*
Developing the next generation of leaders requires a robust leadership pipeline. What practices do you have in place to improve your management succession strategy?
Organizations that prioritize and implement effective strategies to grow employee potential will have a powerful human capital advantage. Learn how to apply effective organizational risk strategies to ensure a strong pipeline of leadership over time.
||Audio Recording Now Available|
|Per Site Fees**
||$225 ABA Member/Service Member • $355 Non-Member|
||Not applicable |
Purchase Online (PDF)
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA credits.
||This recording is not eligible for continuing education credits.|
Join us for this recording of the live, ninety-minute briefing held on August 15, 2012 to hear two Community bank CEOs discuss their experiences. This briefing was moderated by an industry expert who has helped many community banks through the succession planning process. He shares his insights on what plans have worked and how to get started. Get your questions answered by our panel of financial industry leaders.
Specifically, the panel will discuss:
- Ongoing talent development efforts across the institution
- Succession efforts and Board involvement along the way
- Using outside assistance, such as external HR consultants, third-party assessments, search firms, psychological testing, etc.
- Evaluating and assessing internal up-and-comers/contenders
- Developmental efforts to help turn “high potentials” into serious contenders for positions at the next level
- Evaluating the processes and examining what might be done differently the next time
- What steps can you take to get the next CEO up to speed quickly
- Learning from your own transition experiences
- Alan Kaplan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Kaplan and Associated, Inc., Wynnewood, PA (Moderator/Speaker)
- Ken Burgess, Jr., Chairman, FirstCapital Bank of Texas, Midland, TX ($645 Million)
- Jane Haskin, President/Chief Executive Officer, First Bethany Bank & Trust, Bethany, OK ($181 Million)
Who Should Attend?
- Community Bank CEOs
- Mid-sized Bank CEOs
- Bank Board Members
- Senior Bank Line Managers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Human Resources Directors
- Training Directors
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.