ABA Telephone Briefing/Webcast*
Press reports about the mobile wallet focus on Internet giants and telecommunications companies. But community banks can continue to own the payments franchise by learning the threats and opportunities related to new competitors and mobile payments.
During this recording of the ninety-minute, live telephone briefing/webcast held on August 1, 2012, a panel of industry leaders provide you with the foundational knowledge and insight necessary for your bank to determine where near-field communications, contactless payments, chips, stickers, remote deposit capture, person-to-person payments and mobile bill pay fit into your strategy. Hear what other banks are focusing on, what non-banks are offering and what consumers are thinking about mobile payments.
||Audio Recording Now Available|
|Per Site Fees**
||$225 ABA Member/Service Member • $355 Non-Member|
||Not applicable |
||Purchase Online (PDF)|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA credits.
||This recording has been approved for 2.0 CFMP and 2.0 CRCM continuing education credits. |
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
Topics discussed include:
- How will mobile wallets drive change and opportunity?
- What is a “mobile payment”?
- What are consumers doing and thinking today?
- How do you position your bank to win?
- What are the steps you should be taking now?
- Charles N. Funk, President and CEO, MidWestOne Financial Group, Inc., Iowa City, IA
- Virginia Garcia, Vice President, Strategic Marketing, Fiserv, Brookfield, WI
- Frank Sorrentino III, Chairman/CEO, North Jersey Community Bank, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Stephen Kenneally, Vice President, ABA Center for Regulatory Compliance, American Bankers Association (moderator)
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Officers and Managers
- Risk Managers and Auditors
- Information & Technology Officers
- Retail Managers
- Marketing Directors
- Operations Officers
- Community Bank CEOs
- Senior Bank Managers
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.