ABA Telephone Briefing*
Banks face the daunting challenge of implementing the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s ability-to-repay (ATR) rule and the “qualified mortgage (QM)” standards. Executive management will need to discuss key issues, options and risks created by these rules and make strategic decisions about what is in the best interest of the bank in this new mortgage lending environment. In turn, these decisions must be presented to the Board of Directors in a manner that facilitates essential oversight.
During this recording of the live telephone briefing held on June 26, 2013, a panel of industry leaders provides you with the tools you need to make key management decisions to best manage the new challenges and opportunities presented by the ATR/QM rules. The focus will be onstrategic responses that will ensure your institution complies with the applicable laws or regulations and operates in a safe and sound manner.
||Audio Recording Now Available|
|Per Audio Recording Fees**
||$255 ABA/FIRMA Member/Service Member • $385 Non-Member|
Please note recordings are not eligible for CPE for CPA credits.
||This recording has been approved for 2.5 CRCM continuing education credits.|
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
Topics discussed include:
- Strategic considerations for banks
- Legal stress test to determine program risks
- Underwriting standards
- Vendor management
- Competitiveness and profit potential
- Ability to sell residential mortgage loans or use them as collateral
- Securitization, CRA and fair lending considerations
- Potential impact on liquidity
- Review of requirements for the ATR rules
- Non-QM loans
- QM loans: QM safe harbor, QM rebuttal presumption, temporary QM treatment for government and GSE-eligible loans and small creditor QM proposal
- Bringing it all together
- Considerations for the Board of Directors.
- Thomas P. Vartanian, Partner, Dechert LLP
- Robert H. Ledig, Partner, Dechert LLP
- Robert Davis, Executive Vice President, Mortgage Markets, Financial Management& Public Policy, American Bankers Association (Moderator)
Who Should Attend?
- CEOs and Chairmen
- Bank Directors & Trustees
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Lending Officers
- Bank Counsel
- Compliance & Risk Officers
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.