ABA Telephone Briefing/Webcast*
Do the words Chip Card, EMV & Smart Card get you confused?
During this two-hour, live telephone briefing/Webcast ABA’s panel of industry experts will explain what you need to know, when you need to know it and what other banks have done in this space already. The topic of EMV will be big in the coming years. Get your footing in this call and be ready for more advanced topics as the year goes on.
The panelists will provide an overview of what payment network rules are changing on both networks and the deadlines and liability shifts related to it. Also you’ll gain insights to what they have seen across the industry as the business case for EMV from the merchant, processor and banking community. US Bank, frequent international travelers, will share their lessons learned, as they have already issued their FlexPerk portfolio cardholders chip cards.
||Tuesday, January 29, 2013 • 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. ET|
|Per Site Fees**
||$255 ABA Member/Service Member • $385 Non-Member|
||Register Online (PDF)|
||This program will not be recorded.|
||This telephone briefing has been approved for 2.0 CPE credit hours in Business Management & Organization (BM&O), 2.5 CRCM and 2.5 CSOP continuing education credits.|
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
Answer these and many other questions in this session:
- Is the bank risk changing at my ATMs next year?
- Does the term “liability shift” truly mean merchants will be picking up the cost for all fraud at their stores?
- How should my customers plan their purchases on their next European vacation?
- How does the Durbin Amendment affect my EMV plans?
- I’m at the mercy of my service provider, how should I prepare?
- Oliver Manahan, Vice President, Emerging Payments, MasterCard Worldwide
- Josh Gilbert, Principal, First Annapolis
- Emma Causey, Senior Analyst, First Annapolis
- Julie Schmidt, Vice President FlexPerks Visa Portfolio, Retail Payment Solutions, US Bank
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Executive Officers
- Debit and Credit Card Managers
- Lending Officers
- Card Product Managers
- Chief Risk Officers
- Bank Counsel
- Compliance Officers and Managers
- Risk Managers and Auditors
**Each site license (registration fee) entitles you to one connection (when there is a simultaneous webcast presentation) where an unlimited number of listeners can participate.
Any transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio or Web portions of this briefing is strictly prohibited.