ABA has upgraded its Briefings registration process and delivery as of April 10, 2015. (Read about the transition.) Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions:
Q. How do I register for a Briefing?
Register using a credit card for immediate completion of your registration:
- From the individual briefing description page on aba.com, click on the Member or Non-Member registration link, and you will be connected to the registration page on ABA's Learning Management System (LMS).
- Add your selection(s) to the cart.
- Log in, or follow the prompts to create a LMS account. Make note of your Username and Password.
- Complete your transaction using a credit card.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase.
Q. How do I purchase a series of Briefings at a discount?
Use an ABA discount Coupon Code!
Rather than lock you into a particular series to gain a discount, the ABA has made it easier than ever to buy briefings in larger quantities and gain your discount.
- If you are purchasing $400 or more in Live Briefings, Streamed Recordings, or CDs in a single transaction, enter the coupon code LISTEN2LEARN in the shopping cart to access a 10% discount. This is valid exclusively for ABA Briefings being purchased through the LMS shopping cart via a credit card.
For license agreements and quantity discounts:
Please contact your ABA Relationship Manager or email email@example.com.
Q. How do I access a Live Briefing that I have purchased?
- You will be sent a registration confirmation, and two reminder emails with a link to access the briefing.
- At the time of the event, follow the instructions in the email to log in and launch the briefing.
- We recommend that you log in at least 15 minutes before the program is scheduled.
- We recommend that you conduct a system and compatibility test on the computer or device that you will be using the day of the event. Please allow sufficient time prior to the event for this test. Test at: http://content.aba.com/briefings/AdobeCheck.html
- Each registration entitles one registrant a single connection to the Briefing by Internet and/or telephone from one room where an unlimited number of participants can be present. Providing access credentials to another for their use, using access credentials more than once, or any simultaneous or delayed transmission, broadcast, re-transmission or re-broadcast of this event to additional sites/rooms by any means (including but not limited to the use of telephone conference services or a conference bridge, whether external or owned by the registrant) or recording is a violation of U.S. copyright law and is strictly prohibited.
Q. What are the system requirements to access ABA Briefings?
Review our Technical Specifications document to access the minimum technical requirements.
Q. What are my audio options for Briefings?
For live events, your options include:
- Listen to the audio through your computer speakers. Remember to adjust your speaker volume!
- Dial in via telephone at the conference number provided in your registration email and in the meeting room.
For recorded briefings, online or CD-ROM, you must listen through your computer speakers.
Q. How long is the recording available after the Live Briefing?
All registrants will be emailed instructions to access an online recording of the briefing which will be available for 7 calendar days after the event.
Q. Can I purchase a recording of a briefing for longer access?
Yes. You can purchase 1-year access to an online recording of the briefing. You can also purchase a CD-ROM recording of the briefing (additional shipping & handling fees and taxes will apply; please allow a minimum of three weeks after the date of the Briefing for delivery).
Q. How do I print a Participation Certificate?
- Registrants will be sent an email at the completion of the briefing with a link to login to the ABA LMS to access and print their certificates.
- Non-registrants (those who listened to a briefing without personally registering) can request a certificate through the link provided in the Briefing Kit sent to the primary registrant. These certificates will be emailed to the requester within 10 business days of receipt of the request.
Q. How do I obtain a CPA/CPE Certificate of Completion?
NASBA requires ABA to validate your attendance at the Live Briefing event in order to receive your certificate. Directions for submission are provided in the Briefing Kit sent to the briefing registrant. You will need to:
- Submit a completed sign-in/sign-out sheet (name and signature MUST be legible) AND a request for a Certificate of Completion for the validation process to be completed.
- Once your attendance has been validated, you will receive an email with a copy of your personalized certificate within 10 business days.
- CPE credits for CPAs are ONLY awarded to those who have listened to the live broadcast of the briefing.
Q. How do I obtain a CFP Certificate of Completion?
Follow the directions in the Briefing Kit that is sent out to registrants. Send your request and a copy of the sign-in sheet to: Barbara Swan, Professional Development Group, American Bankers Association, 1120 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036. You will receive an email with a copy of your personalized certificate within 10 business days. Please note: CFP credits are ONLY awarded to those who have listened to the live broadcast of the briefing.
Q. Now that I have an account on the ABA LMS, can I access and purchase other ABA offerings?
Yes! Your account on the ABA LMS is your gateway to all ABA online professional development offerings. You can browse for ABA’s online training programs by the Job Role categories on the home page, or by title, by subject, or by credit. When you are ready to make your purchase, simply add your selection(s) to the LMS shopping cart. Your training records will remain documented in your personal Transcript in your ABA LMS account.
Q. Will the discount coupon codes work for Briefings AND other online training?
Different coupon codes offer different discounts and some but not all can be used across various ABA products. Please read the coupon descriptions carefully.
Q. Can I keep my personal account on the ABA LMS if I change jobs?
It depends. If you purchased ABA content on an individual basis, then yes, your account is your own – simply update your email address in the ABA LMS to continue to have access. If your account was created by a group license made by your bank, then your access will end when you leave that bank. You can, however, print your training records from the ABA LMS to take with you as a record of your training history.
Q. Who do I call with technical questions on program day?
For issues with access at the time of a live briefing, call 1-800-BANKERS (800-226-5377).
Q. How do I get questions answered?
For help with a purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-BANKERS (800-226-5377).