at the ABA Commercial Lending Schools
March 16-17, 2013 Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
Application | Housing | Advisory Board l Overview
This review session is for participants who have:
- Been away from Commercial Lending for some period of time and need a refresher on the basics
- Not had an orderly or complete credit training in the past
Those enrolling in the ABA National Commercial Lending School are assumed to enter the school having a familiarity with and an understanding of the following:
- Contents of the balance sheet and the operating statement
- Auditor's reports
- Ratio analysis
- Cash flow statements
- Working Capital
- Commercial Collateral
This course will briefly review the above subjects as well as a number of ancillary topics (collateral, depreciation, etc.) combining lectures and discussion with exercises and small group work. After completing this review, students should be able to:
- Understand the meaning and importance of the accounting entries most commonly found on balance sheets, operating and cash flow statements
- Calculate and interpret twelve basic ratios commonly used in credit analysis
- Construct a direct cash flow statement
- Be able to differentiate among the various accountant's reports.
Schedule: Registration for the Workshop is on Saturday 3/16 from 8:15-9 am with class immediately following. It ends at 2 pm on Sunday 3/17.
ABA Member - $795
Non Member - $895
Questions? Please contact Gloria Pritchard-Becker for more information.