October 20-25, 2013 • Emory Conference Center & Hotel, Atlanta, GA
Application & Fees | Curriculum | CRCM Certification | Justification Toolkit | Hotel and Stay | Schedule
Request More Information
Mark your calendar for instruction that's essential for your institution to face today's heightened competition, fluctuating regulatory environment and monumental technological innovations. Benefit from programs that for more than 25 years have been at the forefront of professional development in the compliance field. Today's most respected compliance practitioners and experts will offer a comprehensive, cutting-edge educational experience in a dynamic work setting that fosters learning and sharing with your peers.
The ABA Graduate School of Compliance Risk Management is designed around advanced courses
focusing on managing an effective compliance program:
- Manage change in an environment of rapid growth and expansion into new financial products and services
- Ensure effectiveness and integrity in audits and internal reviews
- Negotiate and influence decision-making of various stakeholders including, senior management, the board of directors as well as regulators
The graduate school curriculum has been adapted to respond to these and other needs. The program leverages other training, such as the ABA National Compliance School and job experiences. Through interactive case studies, dynamic sessions presented by industry specialists and a network of professionals in the compliance field; senior managers and regulators will be ready to navigate the many challenges in today's regulatory climate
Who Should Attend
- Compliance Officers
- Lending Personnel
- Bank Directors
- CRA Officers
- Bank Counsel
- Graduates of ABA Compliance School
Fees include tuition, instructional materials, and certificate. Housing is not included.
ABA Member - $ 2,395 Non-Member - $ 3,395
Core courses include:
- Understanding Differences - Introduces relevant ideas, concepts and tools for understanding communication style differences.
- Managing Ethics - Develop appropriate management approaches and measure, control and monitor your ethics program.
- Examination Management - Explore techniques for managing the examination from start to finish.
- Regulator Perspectives on Compliance Management - Interact with key regulatory agencies and get perspectives on your compliance department.
- Reporting - Introduces concept of compliance reporting and provides framework around establishing or enhancing a reporting process.
- Measuring Performance through Monitoring/ Testing - Covers and sets standards for the key elements of a compliance monitoring program, including monitoring, assessing, correcting and reporting.
- Root Cause - Work with business units to effectively get at the root cause(s) of issues driving insufficient compliance results. Design and implement better processes and/ or controls to effectively correct compliance issues.
- Gaining Compliance Support - Employ effective negotiation skills and techniques to get the resources you need to be more effective in the compliance arena.
In addition, we've added a special session focused on many of the issues impacting you and your organization:
- Complaint Management
- Vendor Management
- Reputation Risk
All of this and more, including networking with risk managers and regulators.
Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
The ABA Graduate School of Compliance Risk Management is an excellent way to prepare for the CRCM examination from the Institute of Certified Bankers. Or, if you have already achieved this important designation, you will receive continuing education credits by attending the school. For more information, please visit the ICB at www.aba.com/icb/crcm.htm.