Course List | ABA Member Registration | Non-Member Registration
*Reviewed: Apr. 2013
(*Reviewed to meet current regulations, but no changes were made.)
Estate Planning for Charitable Giving provides participants with the knowledge needed to advise clients in the area of charitable giving and how it is used to provide additional liquidity for the estate and savings on potential estate taxes.
||$215 Nonmembers / $160 Members|
||Courses are also available at discounted prices under an annual license. Learn More|
||AIB: 0.25 ; ICB: 3.75 CTFA/TAX, CISP|
||Basic knowledge of estate tax|
||Adobe Acrobat Reader and RealPlayer|
Trust Officers who have completed Building Trust Expertise Levels 1 and 2 and have 2 or more years experience working with trust clients managing more complex trusts including tax law and investments.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the advantages, features, and benefits of charitable trusts.
- Distinguish between public charities and private foundations
- Explain the tax rules affecting charitable contributions
- Advise clients when charitable gifts are appropriate and how such gifts should be made, in light of tax and non-tax considerations
- Counsel clients regarding charitable planning opportunities