Course List | ABA Member Registration | Non-Member Registration
*Reviewed: Apr. 2013
(*Reviewed to meet current regulations, but no changes were made.)
Introduction to Investment Management provides an overview of the investment management issues that affect personal trusts. It covers investment types; stock and bond selection/analysis; investment portfolio management; and economic and legal influences on investments.
||$450 Nonmembers / $335 Members|
||Courses are also available at discounted prices under an annual license. Learn More|
||AIB: 0.25 ; ICB: 4.25 CTFA,/INV; 4.5 CRSP, CCTS, CSOP|
||Adobe Acrobat Reader and RealPlayer|
Trust department and other bank staff who are new to the trust business and want to develop a basic working knowledge of trust administration. No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define the types of investments used in trusts that fall within these categories: cash and liquid, fixed income, equity, mutual fund, and other investments
- Describe the methods used to select and analyze stock and bond investments
- Explain the mechanics of portfolio management
- Identify key client information to help clients determine investment portfolio considerations
- Describe economic influences regarding trust investments, including the Federal Reserve, business cycles, and economic indicators
- Explain the legal considerations that affect actions regarding trust investments