Course List | ABA Member Registration | Non-Member Registration
Managing Employee Relations is designed to prepare you for the challenges of the contemporary workplace. This course provides you with a four-step strategy for managing employee relations--compliance with legislation, managing diversity, handling work and personal issues, and fostering open communications. After an overview of the importance of employee relations and their impact on the workplace, you then review the legislation that protects employees from discriminatory and unfair practices. You learn what your responsibilities are in such cases and how to respond to the specific problems outlined by the law. You also learn how to identify diversity issues in a team, how to respond to personal issues that affect the work environment, how to promote open communications, and how to establish formal and informal problem resolution processes. From these strategies, you learn effective practices and guidelines for handling workplace situations that threaten positive employee relations.
||$130 Nonmembers / $95 Members|
||Courses are also available at discounted prices under an annual license. Learn More|
||AIB: 0.5; ICB: 0|
||Adobe Acrobat Reader and RealPlayer|
Any manager or team leader with one or more reporting relationships.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the impact of a manager's role in establishing and maintaining sound employee relations in an organization
- Identify four management strategies that support positive employee relations
- Describe the purpose and intent of employment legislation governing workplace supervision
- Identify diversity issues in a team and overcome related barriers to productive employee relations
- Use effective guidelines for handling work and personal issues in a team
- Implement management activities that facilitate open communications