AIB Course Code: 8725
Dates Offered | Registration (Deadline is one week prior to start date)
Delivered in conjunction with ABA, the IRA Online Institute is an intensive 12-week course developed and supported by Ascensus' professional instructors that teaches in-depth, essential IRA information on Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, SEP plans, and SIMPLE IRA plans. Ascensus has tailored its premier on-site IRA training so attendees can conveniently access the web-based study material and submit assignments. Students should expect to spend 15-20 hours a week completing the readings and assignments depending on the student's prior knowledge of IRAs. The Online Institute is an Institute of Certified Bankers-approved educational program for the Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) designation.
||$1795 Nonmembers / $1495 Members|
||AIB: 2.0 ; ICB: 36.75 CISP, CTFA/FP, CRSP|
||Adobe Acrobat Reader; Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser 7.0 or Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher|
||All reading materials are provided online. Content and instructor are provided by Ascensus Retirement Services and is the same content used in the Ascensus IRA Institute.|
IRA Services Professionals with one to two years experience or if someone is preparing for the CISP exam.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Administer both traditional and Roth IRAs and SEP and SIMPLE plans.
- Identify eligibility and set-up requirements for all of these plans
- Administer contributions consistent with contribution limits
- Manage rollovers and transfers
- Administer distributions and required minimum distributions
- Describe beneficiary options and facilitate beneficiary transactions
- Manage error resolution, penalties, and reporting on these accounts
- Identify key elements of successful IRA marketing effort