AIB Course Code: 7522
Dates Offered | Registration (Deadline is one week prior to start date)
Analyzing Bank Performance provides participants with all of the tools needed to analyze their bank's financial performance. During this class, participants will analyze their own bank's performance.
"The content of this course was thorough and insightful. Overall great experience."
"Very interesting course! It will definitely help me in the analysis of UBPRs."
"We had a great instructor! He was so informative and engaged and very well informed [and] it was great to get feedback on the discussion board assignments."
||$1050 Nonmembers / $795 Members (with textbook)|
$895 Nonmembers / $675 Members (without textbook**)
||AIB: 2.0 ; CPE: 25.0|
||Participants should have previously taken a basic accounting course and must have experience using Microsoft Excel.|
||Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser 7.0 or Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher|
||Bank Management, 7th Edition, by Timothy W. Koch and S. Scott MacDonald, 2009, Thomson Learning|
This course is designed for junior-level bank officers all the way up through CEOs who need to analyze their bank's performance. Participants should have some basic knowledge of balance sheets and income statements.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the key balance sheet and income items for a bank
- Use the Uniform Bank Performance Report to analyze their bank's performance over time and compare that with other banks
- Identify the major factors affecting bank performance
- Analyze the profitability of various lines of business within the bank using a variety of measures
- Utilize the concepts of economic value added and the balanced scorecard in assessing their bank's performance
- Identify the key drivers on non-interest income and non-interest expense and various strategies for managing them
- Evaluate customer profitability within the bank
VA Benefit Eligibility
To confirm eligibility for your VA benefits, follow these steps:
- Click here to get to the GI Bill Web Site page on the Department of Veteran Affairs website.
- Click the link to "Search for approved Education & Job Training Programs".
- Under "Search Filters", choose Non College Degree for the Program Type.
- Type American Bankers Association in the "Institution Name" box and hit Enter.
* Registration for one or more courses that include accompanying textbooks will also incur a shipping & handling fee.
** If you already have a copy of the textbook, be sure to register using the "without textbook" option.
||The American Bankers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: http://www.nasba.org/|
Delivery Method: A group-internet based program