About CRSP | Apply | Exam Information | Exam Outline | Benefits
Maintain Certification | Advisory Board
About the CRSP
The Certified Retirement Services Professional certification is designed to:
- Establish a recognized standard of knowledge and competence for wealth management professionals specializing in retirement services
- Formally recognize those who meet these standards
- Provide employers with a tool to identify skilled, knowledgeable professionals
- Support the benefits of professional continuing education and development
Who should pursue it
- Retirement services practitioners
- Trust officers
- Sales and marketing professionals
- Plan trust administrators
- Investment officers
- Operations staff and supervisory personnel
- Plan Type and Design
- Laws and Regulations
You must meet the following prerequisites in order to qualify to take the CRSP certification examination. If you are uncertain as to whether or not you meet the eligibility requirements to sit for the exam, please submit a resume to email@example.com.
1. Professional Experience & Education
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in ERISA and IRS Code/Regulations experience and completion of the following ICB-approved employee benefit/retirement services training program
- Five (5) years experience in ERISA, plus IRS Code/Regulations
2. Professional Reference
One letter of recommendation from your manager attesting to your qualifications for certification including your ERISA and IRS Code/Regulations experience. (ERISA and IRS Code/Regulations experience is defined as employee benefit services experience including relevant experience at a financial institution, a law firm, accounting firm, employee benefit consulting firm, a plan sponsor or a service provider.) The letter must be signed and on corporate letterhead.
3. Ethics Statement
Each candidate must sign ICB's Professional Code of Ethics statement. Please note: you must furnish all pertinent information about any convictions or pleas of nolo contendere on the grounds of fraud, embezzlement, unfair or deceptive practices, securities law violations, misappropriation of property, fraudulent conversations or any civil or administrative action from which you have been previously found liable.
You must complete and submit the application. You are required to meet the eligibility requirements in place at the time that you submit your application.
To maintain your CRSP in good standing, you must adhere to ICB's Professional Code of Ethics, pay an annual fee, and complete 30 credits of continuing education every three years.
School/Conference Application and Exam Fee
PSI Testing Center Application and Exam Fee
|Exam Site Change Fee
(for all exam site change requests less than 1 week prior to School/Conference Exam Date or less than 3 days prior to a PSI Testing Center Exam Date)
Exam Retake Fee
PSI Testing Center Exam
|Exam Withdrawal Fee
* The Exam Fee, minus a $100 nonrefundable Application Fee, is 100% refundable upon written request prior to the published withdrawal deadline. A $125 withdrawal fee is assessed if a candidate cancels or withdraws after the published withdrawal deadline from a scheduled exam date for which the candidate is registered. However, requests for withdrawal received on or less than fourteen (14) business days prior to the exam date will not be honored and the entire exam fee will be forfeited. ICB will consider waiving the forfeiture fee in case of a medical emergency. Your request for such a waiver must be made in writing and supported by documentation from a physician, which clearly states that you are unable to appear for the exam due to personal or immediate family medical issues. Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
|Annual Membership Fee
|Multiple Certification Discount
||$350 (2 certifications) |
$450 (3 or more)
** Membership Fee is assessed annually every year after certification has been granted.
Fees are subject to change without notice.
Benefits and Services
- Free subscription to ABA Trust Letter newsletter (monthly, delivered electronically)
- ICB Certified Banker newsletter (quarterly, delivered electronically)
Click here for more information about CRSP benefits.