November 17-19, 2013 • Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel • Washington, DC
The ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference reflects the "must have" content that BSA/AML compliance professionals told us is at the top of their lists this year. It's the one event that brings together banking, legal, law enforcement, and regulatory experts who will provide you with usable answers to your most pressing BSA/AML questions. No combination of other events – in-bank or in person – can equal the quality, scope and value of these three days.
Since you've found this page, you probably know for 25 years this conference has consistently delivered the best-in-class speakers and content – and is recognized as the leading BSA/AML event in the banking industry.
We know that budgets are very tight this year - and every year. So, we've put together a Justification Toolkit with talking points to help you convince your supervisor and your institution that the ROI is substantial for attending this event.
Talking points and tips for justifying your attendance.
Many travel budgets and training budgets have been reduced, which means that regardless of the merits of attending the ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference, you'll probably need to justify the expense and your time away from the office. Here are some tips and talking points on the ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference that you will want to consider:
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Emphasize that the ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference offers a comprehensive, time-intensive learning environment. Your attendance will be much more cost effective and time-efficient compared to registering for multiple seminars or webinars. Plus, you'll minimize the time you are away from the office.
- ABA guarantees that the ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference offers BSA/AML professionals a world-class education that is unparalleled in the industry. The ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference provide an in-depth curriculum developed and delivered by the industry's top executives from banking, legal, law enforcement, consulting and even top banking regulatory officials.
- A Talent Management Survey conducted jointly by ABA and The Corporate Executive Board found that banks are heavily dependent upon internal talent, but bank CEOs believe they are not doing enough to help their employees grow, adversely impacting banks' development plans. Professional development training becomes critical to prepare employees to take on greater responsibility. Attendance at professional development conferences such as the ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference will provide your bank's BSA/AML compliance officer with the tools to ensure your BSA/AML program is up to par.
- The content is appropriate for institutions of all sizes.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you've learned after the conference. That way others in your division/group will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- If you are working to obtain or maintain your CAMS or other designation, remind your supervisor that ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference offers valuable training hours that count towards CAMS (or other) certification. Uniquely, this conference also has the American Bar Association's CLE accreditation in all states.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the ABA/ABA Money Laundering Enforcement Conference.
- Be sure to check out the registration page where the registration fees are listed to see if you qualify for the ABA/ABA Member Rates. Remember: ABA Members save a significant amount on registration fees.
Benefits of Attending
Our top rated program includes content for banks of every asset size. You'll gain new tactics, insights and increased ability to monitor your controls, run an effective BSA/AML compliance program, successfully manage your BSA/AML exam as well as protect your bank against criminal activity.
Five Reasons You Must Attend:
- Exclusive, practical content from the American Bankers Association partnered with the American Bar Association
- Sessions covering every aspect of money laundering compliance and fraud-related issues
- Direct access to the largest collection of senior regulatory officials
- Significant opportunities for peer idea exchanges
- A superior Marketplace showcasing the newest and innovative BSA/AML compliance solutions.
You'll Benefit From:
- Comprehensive Content. From perspectives on AML exams and current guidance to independent testing to monitoring and controls to high-risk entities to enhanced due diligence and sanctions – we will cover the topics that matter most in protecting your institution.
- A flexible program. We offer a combination of general and breakout sessions providing you the ability to custom-build a tailor-made conference experience.
- Current thinking in the heart of the federal regulatory community. In a constantly shifting regulatory landscape, Washington, DC, is the place to hear the latest and most respected viewpoints on every BSA/AML compliance issue, from assessing risk to managing it.
This is a serious conference for experienced BSA/AML compliance professionals.