A Pre-Conference Workshop for the ABA Regulatory Compliance Conference
June 8, 2013 • Hyatt Regency, Chicago, Chicago, IL
Registration/Fees | Program | ABA Regulatory Compliance Conference
Strengthen Your Fair Lending Compliance Program
Fair Lending has continually been a priority for regulators but with the implementation of Dodd/Frank, Fair Lending risk management has become an increasingly important focus for financial institutions and a stronger focus for regulators. A strong fair lending risk management system can provide you with confidence when the regulators arrive. Our panel of experts will cover the current fair lending hot topics including: Risk assessment, mortgage servicing, redlining, applicant steering, treatment of non-taxable income, spousal signature issues, lender compensation and new commercial lending regulations. Also, our experts will share how you can manage or mitigate these fair lending obstacles and demonstrate to your regulator that your system ensures compliance with fair lending laws and regulations. Attendees will hear:
- An overview of current interagency guidance and other regulatory updates to fair lending, CRA and HMDA compliance.
- A thorough review of fair lending risk assessment processes and audit best practices.
- How the SMAART Compliance Framework applies to fair lending compliance, analysis and monitoring and how to ADApt it to your financial institution.
- A discussion of accountability concerns, including board reporting and oversight, responding to customer complaints, etc.
- Tips for ensuring a successful Fair Lending Exam, Including conducting Comparative File Reviews and second review programs.
- How to review your Underwriting and terms and conditions processes
Who Should Attend?
Bank compliance officers (those new to compliance should attend the ABA National Compliance school first), fair lending officers, auditors, in-house and outside counsel, consultants and examiners.
This workshop is separate priced.
ABA Member/Service Member/Gov't/BAFT/ CRCM/CFSSP
*Spouses/Guests are not eligible for admission at a reduced rate