How does your bank compare to competitors when it comes to branch performance? Where does your return on assets stand in relation to your peers? And what about average consumer deposits? Training for employees? Retail product packages? Online offerings?
Gain insights into these and the other significant issues that are transforming today's retail banking landscape. The first section of this 11th edition presents a management summary of the latest ABA Retail Banking Survey. The second contains detailed data about retail banking operations, performance management, deposit and other banking services, organized into three asset categories: $500 million or less, $500-999 million and $1 billion or more.
Among the report's highlights:
- Economies of scale are more pronounced for banks with assets in excess of $1 billion.
- Overall, branch staffing has decreased from the last survey data.
- Within each asset group, business strategy did not appear to significantly influence marketing approaches.
- Technology Leaders outperformed Average Banks in almost all expense and productivity measures—but fell short on revenue per customer.
- More banks now offer weekend branch hours.
CEOs, senior bank executives—in fact, all those involved in planning your bank's future profitability--should read this report. You will not want to miss this unique opportunity to compare your policies, practices, and performance with those of your peers.
Release date: May 2003
To order, please complete this form