BankSim©, BankExec©, and BankExec International© Reinforce Your Technical and Functional Management Skills with These Three Unique Computer-Based Programs
The widely-used BankExec program-the centerpiece of the system-simulates the activities of a mid-sized commercial bank through exercises in asset/liability management ... capital planning ... gap analysis ... accounting and taxes ... marketing and resource allocation ... forecasting and planning economics ... pricing bank services ... strategic planning ... policy formation and analysis ... organizational structure ... and much more. BankExec helps you put together the bigger picture of banking by working with a team to:
- Get involved in the real-life process of management decision-making by "running your own" simulated bank, set up by the computer to closely approximate the data on an actual institution
- Try out various strategies, in response to the computer simulation, before implementing them in your own bank
- Learn about the practical aspects of loans, securities investments, deposits, funding sources and capital
- See how your decisions and operations influence other bank activities
- Actually "learn by doing" through all phases of the decision-making process.
These programs are used at many financial organizations, and bank training institutes world-wide, and form an integral part of the curriculum at several important ABA schools, including the Business of Banking School In-Bank Training, and ABA's Stonier Graduate School of Banking (as described above). BankSim and BankExec run on an IBM or compatible PC.
BankExec International has the same basic structure as BankExec, but is designed primarily for bankers outside of the United States. For example, it substitutes the Interbank market for the Fed funds market, and also introduces an interest rate swap market, as well as a foreign exchange feature.