AIB Principles of Banking
, in its 10th edition, provides useful banking knowledge, as well as the foundation for new learning and career opportunities. Recognized as the most comprehensive introduction to the banking industry for over 40 years, AIB Principles of Banking
presents an overview of the fundamentals of banking, along with contemporary issues and developments in the industry today. And, it is the only Principles of Banking
course that is accepted for credit towards AIB Diplomas and Certificates.
It is a part of the American Institute of Banking (AIB) curriculum and a required course for most AIB Diplomas.
The current Table of Contents can be viewed here (PDF).
ABA research on job competencies determined that the content in Principles of Banking has direct applicability to a broad range of banking positions - from a Customer Service Representative to a Consumer Lending Manager. Topics covered include:
- Context, structure and operation of banks as profit-making enterprises
- Evolution of the U.S. banking system, including laws, regulations and regulators
- Operations of banks, from managing assets to managing liabilities
- Deposit products, services, and account opening requirements
- Checks as negotiable instruments, check processing, and other payment systems
- Electronic banking services and trends
- Lending, including loan types and the lending process
- Bank products and services for businesses and international banking
- Services such as trusts, investments, and insurance for consumers and businesses
- Building customer relationships by meeting customer expectations, understanding the purchasing process, sales and marketing
- Fiduciary role of banks in protecting customer information, safeguarding customer and bank assets, and deterring financial crimes, and protecting the nation's financial system.
Recommended Instructional Hours: 15-30-45
Recommended AIB Credit: 1-2-3
Text, © 2010 - 408 pages
$110 List Price
$ 75 Member Discount
Instructor's Manual on CD-ROM
Catalog # 3005835
$ 79 List Price
$ 49 Member Discount