Market Profile | Program Benefits | Learn more about InstantID
InstantID® was designed by LexisNexis® and the ABA to help financial institutions comply with the new account opening procedures required by Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act.Through a single-point-of-entry process, InstantID assists banks in the complex task of verifying a customer's identity. Its user-friendly format is designed to receive and generate results that will help you determine whether or not an individual is who he or she claims to be. InstantID is available in flexible delivery options to accommodate processing requirements:
- Batch format: Accommodates high-volume, bulk processing for next-business-day reports.
- Online: Receive a single search, real-time identity verification and validation by entering customer data in a Web-based tool.
- Real-time machine-to-machine (XML): Provides a way for customers to integrate into their platforms and systems in real-time, allowing easy systems integration for those banks looking for a custom delivery method.
InstantID verifies information across multiple databases using a powerful search process. InstantID validates that such information as name, address, date of birth and social security number are authentic and identifies potentially high-risk data elements, such as prison addresses, campground addresses, disconnected phone numbers, Social Security numbers of deceased persons, etc. InstantID also helps validate and verify the identity of a business and authorized representatives of that business by searching multiple databases using the business' name, address, phone numbers, and Federal ID number. InstantID alerts you to any potential data mis-keys and returns a list of suggested corrections and alternatives for any elements that cannot be verified.Billions of records and thousands of independent data sources are searched in order to quickly provide the broadest and most accurate information.
InstantID® Q&A: InstantID Q&A enables your organization to fight fraud using an interactive, knowledge-based query process. Built upon revolutionary analytics and technology developed by Verid® and leveraging a vast database of publicly available data, InstantID Q&A can easily be integrated into any environment. More.
All financial institutions are required to verify the identity of customers in connection with the opening of an account. Larger institutions and community banks with a high volume of new account transactions may utilize the batch option for ease and convenience.Batch processes are run nightly with results available the following morning. Community banks with small monthly new account transactions can access an online version for immediate results.
- Critical compliance assistance to meet new account opening requirements as outlined in Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act.
- A valuable audit and "paper trail" of criteria used and results received.
- Assurance that comprehensive checks have been made against a robust set of databases to authenticate customer identity and information.
- Helps reduce financial fraud and identity theft.
- Checks against the most current government lists of terrorists.
For more information on account verification compliance, call ABA's Leslie Callaway at 1-800-BANKERS, ext. 5039, or visit:/aba/pdf/InsResourceGuide.pdf.
The information contained in InstantID is not a consumer report (as that term is defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act 15 U.S.C. Sec 1681, et seq. ("FCRA") and may not be used to determine a consumer's eligibility for credit or insurance for personal, family or household purposes; employment, a government license, or benefit, or any other purpose permitted by the FCRA. LexisNexis and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. InstantID is a registered trademark of LexisNexis Risk & Information Analytics Group Inc. Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. © 2007 LexisNexis Risk & Information Analytics Group Inc. All rights reserved.