Equias Alliance, LLC
| Market Profile | Program Benefits | Program Contacts |
As bank-owned life insurance (BOLI) has become a prevalent tool for banks to offset the rising cost of employee benefits, the regulation and laws governing the industry have developed. The interagency BOLI guidance (OCC 2004-56 and FIL-127-2004) requires that the bank perform a review and risk assessment of BOLI at least annually. The Equias Alliance BOLI consultants and team members are industry professionals whose guidance has assisted banks of all sizes with the review of their BOLI program.
During a review, the Equias Alliance consultants will help the bank evaluate product design options, explore applicable banking regulations, review tax law requirements that apply to BOLI, and provide recommendations for the BOLI portfolio that best suits the bank's investment philosophy. In addition, they will review and evaluate the current executive and director benefit plans to ensure they still meet the intended goals and objectives.
Equias Alliance is available to help review, assess, document and make changes, if appropriate, to the existing BOLI program and executive and director benefit programs, whether they were designed by Equias Alliance or another vendor.
Financial institutions of any size seeking a BOLI risk assessment and/or overall assessment of their current BOLI program and/or executive and director nonqualified benefit plans.
- Assists the bank in complying with the interagency guidance for conducting a BOLI risk assessment and annual review
- Assists the bank in reviewing, assessing and making changes as applicable to its existing BOLI and/or executive and director nonqualified benefit plans
- Provides ongoing guidance and objective feedback regarding the bank's executive benefit plans to allow the bank to accomplish its desired objectives
- Experienced resources to assist the bank with its BOLI policy and annual review and risk assessment requirements
- Experienced team of BOLI consultants and team members providing strong technical and compliance support
Equias Alliance, LLC
8000 Centerview Parkway, Suite 525
Memphis, TN 38018
Contact: David Shoemaker, CPA/PFS, CFP, President
Web site: www.equiasalliance.com
David Shoemaker is a registered representative of and securities are offered through ProEquities, Inc., a Registered Broker/Dealer, and member FINRA and SIPC. Equias Alliance, LLC is independent of ProEquities, Inc.
AB CONTACT PERSON
Monica Condon Tel: (202) 663-5475