| Market Profile | Program Benefits | Program Contacts |
|FREE Crowe Horwath/CAB Webinar: Bank M&A – The Risks and Barriers|
Date and Time: Wednesday, May 22, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET
The American Bankers Association and Crowe Horwath surveyed bank executives to gain their perspectives on current merger and acquisition trends in the financial institutions industry.
At a high level, the survey results indicate that a lack of attractive deals and overall market uncertainty have kept many would-be acquirers on the sidelines. The role that uncertainty – in the market, in the U.S. economy, and in the regulatory environment – plays in deterring potential acquirers from taking action is worth noting. The survey addresses broader market issues facing potential acquirers, but also highlights some of the due diligence and integration issues banks confronted in recent acquisitions.
Attend this Webinar and gain an understanding of:
- Why the widely predicted wave of post-recession consolidations has not yet occurred – and may likely not occur in the near future.
- Practical feedback from executives who recently completed acquisitions regarding their insights into some of the challenges that can inhibit a transaction.
- How potential risks can be addressed with proper preparation.
- The broad areas that impact successful completion and subsequent value relation.
Performance & Pay 2013
Crowe Horwath LLC and ABA Banking Journal present thisSpecial 6-Part Report based on the firm's 2012 Financial Institutions Compensation Survey.
Navigating the Maze of Acquiring Failed Banks
This series of articles from Crowe Horwath LLP provides a guide to the entire life of a deal, starting with pre-deal considerations, continuing through the acquisition process, and ending with the integration of the newly acquired entity. Crowe offers lessons learned and insights gained from extensive experience with helping clients navigate the complexities of acquiring failed institutions as well as from what happens once the deal is done.
The topics covered in these articles include:
- The available transaction options and the associated risk;
- The critical elements of the current due diligence process that an FDIC-assisted deal usually involves;
- Accounting for a failed-bank acquisition, including loan accounting considerations, FDIC receivables reporting, and bargain purchase gain issues;
- Tax issues that need to be considered before a deal is consummated;
- The process for valuing the various components of an acquired failed bank and the associated complications; and
- Insights into how to create and swiftly carry out a plan for integrating the newly acquired operations and assets.
Please click here to review these articles.
Crowe Horwath LLP helps organizations develop mature risk management capabilities. With a thorough understanding of the banking industry's changing regulations and rising stakeholder expectations, the professionals at Crowe help prepare financial institutions to intelligently manage business risks to enhance financial performance and build a competitive advantage. The endorsed services include:
Credit Review Services
- Outsourcing of the credit review function
- Managing commercial real estate concentrations
- Credit administration process reviews
- Allowance for loan and lease loss support and methodology
- Acquisition due diligence
Corporate Governance / Internal Audit Services
Crowe's internal audit and corporate governance services are designed to assist banks assess and identify risk, gauge business performance, strengthen governance and enhance compliance with internal control policies and procedures. Services include:
- Internal audit co-sourcing or outsourcing
- Sarbanes-Oxley procedures (design, documentation, and testing)
- FDICIA / AT501 design and testing
- Audit committee assessment and training
- Enterprise risk management consulting
- Corporate governance
- Quality assessment review
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Consulting Services
- ERM implementation
- Enterprise risk assessments
- Identification of risk remediation processes
- Evaluation of the adequacy and implementation of risk responses
Information Technology Audit Services
Crowe's Technology Risk personnel provide leadership through an integrated IT audit approach. The approach considers the most current areas of regulatory compliance, such as multifactor authentication and identity theft red flags. Services include:
- IT audit co-sourcing or outsourcing
- SOX 404 IT procedures (design, implementation, and testing)
- Multifactor authentication risk assessment and solution support
- Business continuity planning / business resumption
- Disaster recovery
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act 501 (b) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) assessments
BSA / AML Compliance
- Independent BSA audit
- Regulatory exam preparation and management
- Enforcement action remediation
- Forensic / third party look-backs
- AML / BSA program development
- Customer and enhanced due dligence (CDD / EDD)
- Customer risk rating and Know Your Customer
- Software selection, implementation, optimization, and validation
Compliance Improvement Services
- Regulatory compliance risk assessments
- Consumer compliance
- Enterprise-wide compliance risk management
Crowe offers risk management services for financial institutions of all sizes, tailoring the solutions based on the needs of individual banks. Crowe services clients ranging from de novo banks to large multibillion-dollar holding companies.
- Crowe's proprietary methodologies help each organization zero in on specific risks with the greatest likelihood and largest impact.
- Documentation for greater confidence. Crowe includes documentation of risk management processes to increase the confidence of regulators, shareholders, and additional stakeholders.
- Efficient planning to control costs. Crowe's proprietary enterprise-risk framework helps financial institutions avoid fragmentation and improve coordination; thereby enhancing results while controlling the rising costs of compliance and risk management.
- Crowe's thought leadership helps financial institutions see risk management as a vital component to reduce the cost of capital, strengthen governance, and improve shareholder value.
Crowe Horwath LLP is a leading provider of public accounting and consulting services. Crowe's full range of services — including assurance, risk consulting, tax, performance improvement, anti-money laundering (AML), financial advisory, and a wide range of consulting services — are in high demand. Crowe has more than 40 years of experience advising financial institutions.
- They have served financial institutions in all 50 United States and Puerto Rico.
- Of Crowe's 2,200 professionals, more than 400 are dedicated 100 percent to meeting the needs of financial institutions.
Crowe Horwath LLP
One Mid America Plaza, Suite 700
Oak Brook Terrace, IL 60181
Web site: www.crowehorwath.com
Contact: Dennis Hild Tel: (866) 390-5451
Fax: (630) 574-1608
Robin Gordon (202) 663-5128
Steve Polestak (202) 663-5577